Wednesday, February 24, 2010

toooo much

As i continue to read this evil book, I see that everyone in the end fight against themselves, their close people, and their enemies. There is just so much plotting and mistrust in this whole book that it is almost confusing to me to see what perspective the narrator holds. Each character could be seen as a perspective to concentrate on, and each hold slightly different values, making things complicated.
And again, i see the witches under Hecate meddling with people's lives and tricking them for "more evil." They trick Macbeth so that he is blinded. They want his destruction. But my question is why? In the witches' point of view, having Macbeth alive and strong in a corrupted state is much more beneficial to the witches who seek evil. That is a question i hold.
I really liked the SON and the things he said. It is certainly an important part of irony that can be used for my paper due Friday. Hmm. The SON could be viewed as a perspective that the righteous author holds???? adjlkfj;sdlf
Anyway, this book is getting more complicated.

2 comments:

  1. Who is this SON of whom you speak? lol, are you talking about Fleance? Just a bit confused on that score.
    Anyway, so it seems I am not the only one anymore who thinks Macbeth (the play AND the person) is full of evil.
    What were you talking about when you said the son and the "things he said" - what things?!
    I have the same question about Hecate and her motives for Macbeth's destruction. Maybe it is just some witch-thing? To want others' ruin, to want decay and chaos... Maybe it's just part of their nature; it's what makes them witches. But the explanation-seeking part of me cries out NO!NO! There has to be another, more logical reason...
    Or yeah, they were just amusing themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really think Macbeth is all that evil. I feel that he is just like any normal human being that is easily tempted. I probably would have done something similar were all these prophesies, crazy wives, money business thrust at me.

    ReplyDelete