Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Macbeth: Act VI

I think Shakespeare makes Macbeth seem more evil than he actually is. Whatever happened to "Love the sinner, hate the sin?" Everyone who hates Macbeth practically wants revenge, not some kind of talk. I think people should try to be more open minded and willing to talk things out. I think that Macbeth and his enemies are only hating each other more when they refuse to talk to each other. But murdering a former king is something one can't openly talk about so I fear that this Macbeth dude was doomed to die from the start. And I can't understand why Macbeth's wife is acting strangely. Did she finally chicken out too? Maybe she finally crossed the line and became insane.
I also think that the weird sisters should try to help out Macbeth because he is evil just like them! He is one of them. Why should they fight each other? Why can't they cooperate and work together for the greater evil? Why does Hectate hate Macbeth when he is the source of evil? I feel this inconsistency is quite odd in the story. I think Hectate should give Macbeth supernatural powers and a wand. I secretly think Macbeth would make a pretty cool necromancer if Hectate trained him. Like Darth Vader, all he needs is a little guidance.
I think people like Shakespeare in those days had no sense of imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment